Mon. Wed. Thurs. 10am-5:30pm, Tues. noon-7:30, Fri. 9am-1:00pm (208) 685-9410
Part-time (24 hours +) or Full-time, permanent
Accepting applications and interviewing candidates to start work between now and mid-August.
- Properly sews and presses/finishes assigned alterations before the due date
Custom sewing projects
- Accurately and promptly lays out, marks and cuts fabric based on instructions, measurements and/or pattern
- Assembles assigned pieces using a variety of techniques and machines
- Conducts fittings and does marking for alterations and custom sewing
- Writes up tickets for alterations
- Greets customers and answers the phone when the shop assistant is busy or not present
- Rings up sales when the shop assistant is busy or not present
It is expected that you have a solid foundation in garment sewing by machine as well as by hand.
Training in all of the following areas is given, and the right candidate will readily incorporate information and quickly apply it to her/his work.
- Ability to recognize fitting adjustments that need to be made (and if they can/should be made)
- Mark alterations or fitting changes clearly and consistently
- Ability to perform professional alterations on a range of garments for men and women with speed and accuracy
- Safely and effectively operate specialty and industrial machinery
- Aptitude in handling, laying out, marking and cutting fabric accurately, particularly in regards to recognizing grain-lines, making the best use of fabric, and marking in a way that will not damage the fabric
How to Apply/Inquire
Please send an e-mail to Erin@sewBoise.com that includes:
1. A brief email introduction of you and your sewing experience.
2. A resume
3. Your general availability and desired number of hours
If you are invited for an in-person interview, please be prepared to show samples of your recent sewing work.
Please no phone calls or unscheduled visits. Questions are welcomed via e-mail!