Mon. Wed. Thurs. 10am-5:30pm, Tues. noon-7:30, Fri. 9am-1:00pm (208) 685-9410
Accepting applications and interviewing starting 3/19/2018 to start work around 5/1/2018
sewBoise, a bustling sewing business, seeks a 2nd part-time shop assistant. There's a lot of variety in the position. The assistants are expected to greet and help customers, tidy up, answer the phone, set appointments, ring up sales, steam dresses, schedule lessons, write social media posts and respond to e-mails, order supplies, run errands, organize the workspace, manage student enrollment for classes, help organize the workload for the sewing staff, take photos for marketing, and more!
8-10 hours per week May-August, 2018, and then 16 hours per week in the Fall 2018 semester with availability to cover the following times:
Mondays 3:30-5:30 pm
Wednesdays 3:30-5:30 pm
Thursdays 10-2 pm
The other 8 hours to be worked during Fall semester are negotiable.
The right assistant will be pleasant and organized, detail-conscious, have the ability and initiative to see what needs to be done and do it, and be a strong writer/communicator. Training is given, but experience working in a retail environment is helpful, as is the ability to do simple arithmetic relating to money. An interest in fashion, design, textiles, sewing, or entrepreneurship will make the position more exciting.
How to Apply
Please send a brief e-mail introduction with resume' attached to Erin@sewBoise.com. Questions about the position are welcomed via e-mail as well. Please, no unscheduled calls or visits. Boise State University students and alumni can also view this position on Bronco Jobs.
Part-time (24 hours +) or Full-time, permanent
Accepting applications and interviewing starting 4/2/2018 to start work as soon as possible.
- Properly sews and presses/finishes assigned alterations before the due date
Custom sewing projects
- Accurately and promptly lays out, marks and cuts fabric based on instructions, measurements and/or pattern
- Assembles assigned pieces using a variety of techniques and machines
- Conducts fittings and does marking for alterations and custom sewing
- Writes up tickets for alterations
- Greets customers and answers the phone when the shop assistant is busy or not present
- Rings up sales when the shop assistant is busy or not present
It is expected that you have a solid foundation in garment sewing by machine as well as by hand.
Training in all of the following areas is given, and the right candidate will readily incorporate information and quickly apply it to her/his work.
- Ability to recognize fitting adjustments that need to be made (and if they can/should be made)
- Mark alterations or fitting changes clearly and consistently
- Ability to perform professional alterations on a range of garments for men and women with speed and accuracy
- Safely and effectively operate specialty and industrial machinery
- Aptitude in handling, laying out, marking and cutting fabric accurately, particularly in regards to recognizing grain-lines, making the best use of fabric, and marking in a way that will not damage the fabric
How to Apply/Inquire
Please send an e-mail to Erin@sewBoise.com that includes:
1. A brief email introduction of you and your sewing experience.
2. A resume
3. Your general availability and desired number of hours
If you are invited for an in-person interview, please be prepared to show samples of your recent sewing work.
Please no phone calls or unscheduled visits. Questions are welcomed via e-mail!