and open labs
Downloadable Supply Lists Below
Registration & Payment
- We strongly advise advance registration for classes, not only to ensure your space in the class but also to ensure that the class happens! If we don't meet the minimum number of students for a class several days prior to the class start date, we must cancel it.
- Full payment is due for any class that costs under $100 at the time of registration.
◦ Payment can be made via credit card on our registration site, or you can call us at (208) 685-9410 to sign up and make payment arrangements.
◦ For classes over $100, a $100 deposit is required at the time of registration and the balance is due 3 days prior to class.
Cancellation, Rescheduling & Make-up Sessions
- If we cancel a class, you receive a full refund in the same manner you paid us.
- Should you need to cancel or reschedule a class or lesson, you must contact us at least 72 hours (3 days) in advance. Otherwise, you forfeit your class fee (or $100 deposit).
- A $10 administrative fee is charged for all reschedules and cancellations.
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer make-up sessions for missed classes.
- A great way to avoid fees and hassles is to send someone in your place if "life happens" to you. Just call or e-mail us to let us know who will be joining us in your stead.
- We treat our machines with care and expect that you will, too. Alert us as soon as you encounter a problem and don't force anything - it could result in avoidable damage to our equipment.
- Safety is of the utmost importance to us, so please be aware of your surroundings. Irons are hot, scissors & rotary cutters are sharp, needles and pins are poky. Listen to your instructor and be calm and cognizant. Be steady and deliberate in the classroom.
- Absolutely NO FOOD or unlidded DRINKS in the classroom.
Needles & Pins
- Our classroom is equipped with pins that you are welcome to use in class. If you expect to leave LOTS of pins in your project beyond class time, please bring some of your own glass or metal-head pins to prevent a pin-deficit in the classroom.
- Each sewing machine will be equipped with a medium-sized universal needle. Should you need a specialty machine needle, you must provide it and remove/replace it with the standard needle at the end of class.
◦ Everyone breaks a needle from time-to time, but if you break more than the average number (suggesting you are doing something you've been instructed not to), you will need to buy a pack of needles for the school.
◦ If your needle gets dull or burred, ask for a replacement right away.
Bobbins & Thread
- You must supply your own thread unless otherwise noted. We suggest 100% polyester Gutermann or Mettler brand thread.
- White or black serger thread is "on the house" unless you have a huge serging project. Other colors are your own responsibility - as is re-threading the serger in black or white when you leave.
- Our bobbins never leave the classroom. Ever. If you're rationing thread for some strange reason, be sure to bring your own modern-day Brother bobbin to house it.
Other Notions & Equipment
- Just treat our stuff well so it will last as long as it's supposed to.
◦ don't use our scissors to cut anything but fabric (and pattern paper's ok, too)
◦ use a pressing cloth when dealing with interfacings, etc.
◦ watch out for pins and for the edges of the cutting mats with the rotary cutter
◦ don't scorch the cutting mats, pressing tables or ironing boards with the iron
Questions about our policies & processes?
Mon. Wed. Thurs. 10am-5:30pm, Tues. noon-7:30, Fri. 9am-1:00pm (208) 685-9410
sewBoise is accepting in-person appointments for alterations. Click to schedule! If you have items to pick up, or items to drop off that do not require a fitting, please call or text 208-685-9410 for curbside service, or use our sewConvenient Dropbox.
Group classes are paused for 2020.
Private lessons are available in person, or on Zoom.
If you would like to see the custom face mask styles we are making, click here.
Stay happy and stay healthy!